Wednesday, May 5, 2010

48 hrs of chaos

Monday May 3, 2010.
Three days after school is let out for the summer. Two days after Taylor's graduation. One day after running around crazy making last minute purchases. 5 hours until a scheduled group departure to Florence, Italy and a Missing Passport/Visa.... 48 hours of chaos.

Well, as many of you know, Watson's never really allow things to be simple. But you would think that after traveling so much in the last few years, I would have a handle on how to keep track of my passport. I failed at that game. Somewhere between Taylors graduation, a couple stops at CVS, school, some grad parties, and the hotel, my passport went mia. Unfortunately, I did not realize this until I was in route to the airport Monday morning. Then began the frantic search. AFter exploding all my luggage, phone calls were made to various places, and friends and family were asked to search closeby areas. 3 hours later, still no passport. While still making hundreds of phone calls, we began plan B... getting a new passport and visa.

I paid visit to the Federal Passport Service center. A very intimidating building... But somehow after standing in several lines, and taking the most amazingly beautiful passport photos, I was able to get a new passport less than 5 hours later. The things these federal agencies can do when you really need them to.

I made several (about 6) trips to the Italian Consulate [thx Lara for being my chauffeur] and I now have 3 new Italian best buds, as well as a Visa that will be ready Friday morning.

The last couple days were insane to say the least. But I cant think of any way that they could have gone smoother. I somehow made it without getting in any arguments, or becoming a basket-case (well, maybe once). But in addition to that, I was so impressed with my family's attitude. I am so blessed to have parents that will drop their day's agenda to help their daughter who lost her passport and is 300 miles away. I am left in awe of the way they kept composed and efficient, never getting angry. They were able to keep faith that things would work out, and that I would end up where I am supposed to be. God is Good!

So.. in two days, this Friday, I will be leaving for Florence, Italy. I am so stoked to see what kind of adventures lie ahead :)


No comments:

Post a Comment