Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Jet-lag Jogging


Like all things in life, you should never be too confident that you have beat jet-lag. Last night i woke up at around 4am with no luck at falling back asleep. Although i knew the rest of the day would be a struggle, but at around 8 i decided to give up on slumber and take a morning jog instead. Running in Florence is a bit nuts, especially since cars and Vespa's don't stop for pedestrians! I took a quick left out of the villa and started my way towards the pontevecchio. Although I have been here for a little over 2 days now, I am still not super familiar with the city grid. <5 minutes into my jog, total downpour began. I was now that american, completely drenched, dodging umbrellas and italians, running through the cobblestone streets. As crazy and nuts as it was, I couldnt have been more content. Knowing full well that I was about to find myself completely lost, I continued my run in the rain ending up at the river eventually. But getting there is the easy part right? After snapping some great photos, I started my journey back towards the Villa. The return distance ended up being about 3x the distance of the way there... but I am now veryyy familiar with the streets of Firenze. Starting my morning with a jog, was a great decision, even if I was completely soaked by the time I found the villa.

No comments:

Post a Comment