Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Rain Rain Rain... GO AWAY

I've been here for 12 days, and if I remember correctly, it has rained 10 of the days! YIKES
When i was packing for Italy, I was told by previous Florence travelers that the weather would be hot! Supposedly I wouldn't even need a sweatshirt? uh.... lets just say its been a LITTLE cold and wet.
One especially rainy day, we decided to invest in a couple umbrellas from a street vendor. cost: 1 euro! Clearly we got a steal right? Well, they did the job for a few hours.






But sometimes what you pay for is what you get... and in the case of these umbrellas... it didnt turn out well!!



Besides dodging raindrops, the week has been full of classes and field trips to local museums and other Florence sights. Today we visited the Uffizi museum in downtown Florence. The museum was full of all sorts of artwork of the Renaissance period. It was pretty neat to be able to see the artwork we are studying in person.

Meanwhile, back in the states things have been busy for my family. My sister had championship swim meets and senior ball last week, and my parents have sold their house! To make things a little crazier Kayley graduates at the beginning of June, and the new home owners want to move in within a couple weeks! It sounds to me like things are crazy, and Im a little curious where we will be living when I come home from Europe!

No comments:

Post a Comment